Wednesday, July 19, 2006


Yesterday after work we decided to take a drive up to Bogus Basin. Russell was starting to get a little stir crazy - he even mentioned the urge to buy some running shoes. Anyway, we took the dog and went for a little ride. Bogus Basin is a ski resort and people are always talking about it. It seems pretty small to us but it was about 15 degrees cooler up there than it was in the city. We all got out and walked down one of the trails. Otis was loving it.

Tonight I took Otis down to the river. He drank so much river water. He dragged me down the bank (I guess he needed another drink) and I fell. Hard. I'm pretty sure no one saw though so I'm good. It's legal to float down the Boise River right now. They only allow it certain times of the year and only if the current isn't too strong. I've been wanting to do it - Russell says the water is too cold.

Russell left this afternoon for Redmond, Oregon. He waited for a fire to start last time - no waiting this time. I think he is excited. They called him at 10:50am and he was out the door at 11:30am. I tried to look up a local news station to see what I could find out but I didn't find anything. Hopefully, he'll call tonight to tell us what's going on...

3 comments:

Candace said...

That looks like a really pretty place. Sorry about the fall. Wait until it snows. Dylan seems to fall on his butt on the ice every year.

I hope Russell enjoys himself....hope he stays safe too.

Stacy said...

I totally want to move to Boise now after seeing all these beautiful pictures. That is exciting about Russell--but I'm with Candace, I hope he stays safe.

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I served part of my mission in Boise and I always loved it. I'm holding out hope that we can come see you guys there some day.

Keep us up to date on Russell in Oregon.