I've been so terribly unmotivated this week. It's bad but I totally have a legit reason. I have started a little journal. It's a food intake and exercise journal. I wanted to take my picture in my bathing suit (you know, like they do for the makeover in InStyle) and also weigh myself. I don't have a scale at home but they have two at my work, one in the break room and one in the women's bathroom. So, I weighed myself and wrote it down. A few weeks went by and I happened to be walking by the break room and I weighed myself again on a whim. I lost 10 pounds! How sweet is that? We were even on vacation last week and I didn't run at all. I went home and told Russell and he gave me a pat on the back and said good job and asked me what I was doing. I told him I didn't know. Then I started thinking. Did I read the scale wrong? Did I have my glasses on at the time? Wait a second, which scale did I weigh myself on initially? I can't remember. Crap I think it was the bathroom scale. It was. I haven't lost anything. I hate this week.
Friday, July 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
hooray for deciding to make changes though. i'm right there with you. a food journal is great. i've been thinking that i need to do that too.
i've decided that my problem is that i need an immediate outcome. so i get discouraged after a short time. i think that's why i have so much credit card debt too. gotta have stuff now!!
also, i think you're adorable.
aw, Caity . . .
I write down every single thing I eat. Weight Watchers calls them "trackers". It works. Those studies are all true - you definitely underestimate what you consume.
I also bought one of those Weight Watchers' scales. I like it because it does tenths of pounds. Losing .2 of a pound is better than gaining, so it works for me.
P.S. Dad hates the scale. Hates it.
My OCD is in full force when it comes to the bathroom scale. It makes Stacy crazy.
Also, I totally believe in the effectiveness of food journaling. It works.
Talk to you later... I'm off to buy a scale that can tell me if I lost .2 of a pound so I can step on it multiple times a day.
freakin friday the 13!
I am sorry! That is messed up. I hate scales.
Scales hate me !
Post a Comment