Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My bad. That last post was a downer. Let me give you four, no, six things that are going to make today (and the next few days) totally awesome.

1. As of 5:00pm tonight, I will no longer be an employee of the State of Idaho.

2. On my last day there is an Employee Appreciation BBQ. I'm having a hot dog and a Pepsi (which I never get to have because Russell prefers Coke and he always gets his way).

3. We got student tickets to the BSU football game on Thursday night which means we won't be going in November which means that we won't be freezing our butts off the way we did last year. All good things.

4. I have three very ripe bananas on my counter at home waiting to be magically transformed into a delicious batch of banana bread.

5. I made a devil's food cake with vanilla buttercream frosting last night. I woke up in the middle of the night last night and ate a piece.

6. After my test on Friday, I'm adding some recipes to my recipe blog and putting the link back up.

6 comments:

Patti said...

I've been known to eat in the middle of the night. When I see them talk about it on MSNBC or Dateline I pretend (to myself) that I've never done it . . . sometimes lying to myself helps.

Remember that picture of you with your co-workers? Remember that Sesame Street song? "One of these things doesn't belong here, one of these things just isn't the same."? It was you. Congratulations! Enjoy the last day.

Patti said...

I'm going to that BYU/UNLV football game . . .but I don't think I'm going to be freezing. Just in case, I borrowed Annie's Boston College sweatshirt. I have to represent. (Did I say that right?)

Amber said...

Your mom is so funny!!
Yeah for your last day at work. oh & some yummy banana bread. I can't wait for some of your new recipes!

Mucho take it easy... said...

Caitlin, I linked you through Brooke- you are a crack up! Good luck w/ Great Harvest.

Bride said...

dude mom why and how are you going to the UNLV/BYU game? tht is funny to me i dunno why... also caity this post is much more you. and the pepsi thing -you should stick it to russ buy some cherry pepsi man.

Patti said...

Football tickets from BYU Alumni Association, Bridie. So we can cheer for BYU . . . that's why. And also so I can have a reason to have some peppermint hot chocolate outside.