A quote from my Relief Society lesson today that really stood out to me:
"We want our women to be well educated, for children may not recover from the ignorance of their mothers"
It is our responsibility to raise our children and we have to know and realize that our children pick up not only on the things that we purposefully aim to teach them but every other belief and value that we have. I just thought it was a really good quote and I feel encouraged. Encouraged, not just to get through school and finish my formal education, but also to broaden my horizons and go experience different things, cultures, everything - to make sure that I have the most broad perspective so that I can be a good mom and teacher to my future kids. You better go read the quote again - that's a much better point to end on.
Oh, and I updated my recipe blog, too.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Posted by Caitlin at 1:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Thanks for sharing, Caity. We had Stake Conference today and they spent some time talking about this same principle . . . you don't sit down with your kids and tell them all how to be a good neighbor. They learn how to be a good neighbor by watching how YOU are a good neighbor.
And I'm making that squash parsnip thing . . . cause that sounds right up my alley.
I can't believe it. You guys actually have me cooking (a little).
I'm going to try those chili-cheese black bean enchiladas this week. And I recently made Patti's guacamole. (Loved it!)
Dinner is hard. And it's a source of mommy-guilt for me.
Thanks for sharing. I love that quote. And I love your recipe blog!!
I heard some other quote that got me thinking too. It was about how our children's minds are like furtile soil & if we don't teach them...something else will grow there and take it's place, such as weeds. If we don't teach our children truths, they receive the "truths" the world offers.
By the way, I'm not good at summarizing, but it was a really point, I promise!
And Patti, you always say such great stuff! Thanks, both of you for sharing! Good stuff to think about.
Post a Comment