Russell and I realized something a couple nights ago. We hadn't gone to the grocery store in 14 days. And we still had food to eat. Sweet, huh? As I was making out my list I was thinking about meatless meals. I would like to try to get down to chicken once a week and red meat once a week. It seems like every meatless meal that we like is either a pasta dish or soup which I don't think is any more healthy. I feel like I'm in a little rut. I was looking at this website and I'm going to try to change my approach. Beans. Beans are going to change it all. I even opted for the dried ones instead of canned. I'll let you know how that goes. I'm trying one recipe this week. Keep an eye on my recipe blog for the recipe, I'll post it if it's any good. I'm also trying a new chocolate chip cookie recipe after I get all my reading done for next week. I'm excited to see the difference the different types of flour make, you know, because of my flat cookie problem. Wish me luck!
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
That cookie recipe is almost identical to the one I've been using for years. The thing I like about it is you get 5 to 6 dozen cookies. If you're going to make cookies, it should be worth your while, you know? None of this 'makes 3 dozen' business...
Remember when you guys were little and we would have meatless dinners and Zach would look confused? And he would actually say, "Where's the meat?"
I don't remember ever eating a meatless dinner at home.
I do remember that summer that we ate BBQ chicken and rice every night for the entire three months.
Maybe you exaggerate a little for emphasis?
We had a FEW meatless meals.
And yes, that summer we had a lot of grilled chicken. And none of you have ever let me forget it.
Shush up, Caity.
YUM chocolate chip cookies is all i needed to hear
Post a Comment