Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Long ago, before we ever got a dog and when we were not allowed to enter the house through the front door, a certain member of our family liked to get out of their work clothes as soon as they entered the laundry room through the garage door. I somehow have adopted a similar habit.

This semester in school, I overheard a teacher saying that she saw someone in hospital scrubs at the grocery store and it really grossed her out. I can't stop thinking about it. After work, I can't wait to get home and out of my scrubs. I can't shake this idea that they are so disgustingly dirty - especially since every day that I've worked, we've had someone on isolation for C. diff. You know, the diarrhea that is so bad it KILLS you! Look it up, I swear, you DIE from diarrhea.

5 comments:

Patti said...

Dad still hasn't stopped doing that.

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I have to admit... I never thought about scrubs that way before. Now if I see someone in scrubs in public I will.

Also, I have to be careful... if my kids by chance see this post, we'll never be able to stop discussing the remote possibility that they could DIE from diarrhea.

And just to show that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... I'm a little worried about it myself now.

Anonymous said...

That is so gross... I love reading your blog... It is so educational! My Mom use to buy us scrubs for PJ's... is that still filthy? if you dont work in the medical field but you wear scrubs for fun?

Bride said...

i love you.

Brooke said...

I'm gonna die laughing cuz your talking about diarrhea and I'm immature.