I have grape tomatoes in the garden this year. I've only tried a couple so far but man they are so good. And Russ doesn't like grape tomatoes so they're all mine (insert evil laugh here)!
We are also growing corn. Is that weird? I think it's a little weird but I don't care. The stalks are as tall as I am now. Someday I think I'll have a whole field of corn.
I went to Target today and bought a bag of Twizzlers even though I know that Russell doesn't like them which means I will be eating the entire bag by myself. I am sick.
I have to work this weekend but next weekend I'm off the hook and I am totally planning a camping trip. I don't really like planning this kind of thing - we sort of like the fly by the seat method - but I'm afraid that if I don't plan it, we won't do it.
I love those lines that you can see when you first mow the lawn. I need to invent a way to make those lines stay for a long time.
I think you should all know that we will be having a funeral procession tonight for the remaining Affordable Gates t-shirts still a part of Russell's wardrobe. About 7 o'clock tonight if you wouldn't mind observing a moment of silence...
Monday, July 28, 2008
Posted by Caitlin at 2:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
growing your own CORN???? yeah, its a little weird, but SUPER COOL!
You are seriously so original I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
I am so happy about putting the affordable gates shirts to rest! I was going to comment about it a few posts back because it seems like he wears them all the time and they are so holey! I thought it wouldn't be very lady like to mention how OLD they are and that he really should let the things go. Since you mentioned it, I figure we're good right? I will pause tonight!
When I was in high school, obviously a long time ago, Granpa decided that we needed to cultivate the empty lot next to our house in North Ogden. He had bought it about a year after we had moved there from Salt Lake City. Mark helped and Robert too, but I did most of the cleanup. weeding and planting. There were still a few farms in the neighborhood and Dad had one with a tractor do a bit of leveling. Not nearly enough to my way of thinking. At any rate, since I was sort of in charge I decided to plant corn, the whole lot, just corn, nothing else...
In the fall we couldn't give enough of it away, the freezer was full of just corn (meaning no room for the usaul side of beef). Everyone one was sick of it, because we were eating it every day and I'm pretty sure we threw out a bunch. In those days, corn was really cheap, even later while I was at BYU, it was 12 for buck... so it wasn't like we could sell it. It was good though....
Thanks, Caity, for jogging that little chunk of memory cells!
Good luck with the corn!
I love that you are growing corn. I don't think that is weird. I bet it will be good too. And thank goodness the shirts died!!!!
I wish I lived close enough to be the recipient of your garden extras... maybe then we could off-load some of our cucumbers in return. Darn cucumbers! I want your grape tomatoes instead.
You're gonna have to plant a lot more corn to feed the cow.
Wait... He is allowing you to put those things to rest?! I dont believe it! Can you take pictures... I personally would like proof that they are gone!! Oh and growing corn? yeah that is a little weird... But I like corn... so I guess still cool at the same time!
Caity, that post was hilarious.
Post a Comment