Wednesday, August 13, 2008

You may have seen or perhaps just noticed in previously posted pictures that our garage is a bit scary (that may be an understatement). We used to have these crazy thorny jumbles of bushes lining one side of it. It was just like the part on Sleeping Beauty when Maleficent makes those thorny bushes grow really fast so that Prince Phillip can't get to Princess Aurora (did I remember all those names or did I have to look them up? I'll never tell). Anyway, winter rolled around and they all dried up and then it started to get nice outside and I found the perfect opportunity to get rid of all those nasty, thorny bushes. And I did just that.

Well, well, well, the end of the summer rolls around and do you know what that means? Apparently it means that it's time for those nasty, crazy, thorny bushes to start producing blackberries. Yes, I completely dug up who knows how many years of blackberry bushes. Wiped them right off our property. At least there are plenty of those messy, ugly, mean looking bushes on our neighbor's side of the alley. We went over last week and again tonight and we just whipped up 6 delicious looking cans of blackberry jam. I wonder how many jars I could have had. Do you think I should share a can with the neighbor we stole the berries from or is that just weird?


Our zucchini plants are massive this year. Ridiculous. So big that Russell is having trouble harvesting (did I just say harvesting?) the veggies at the appropriate time. This ginormous zucchini (and me pretending it's a telephone) is the result.

6 comments:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

That stinks! Although I would have pulled them out, too, I'm sure.

Well, not personally. But Garett would have had a busy Saturday morning.

Anonymous said...

yeah... did you say harvesting? Ha!

Amber said...

I can't believe that zucchini. Holy cow thats huge!

Bride said...

first of all-thats what she said.

second you totally didnt look up those sleeping beauty names.

fried zucchini is DELIS..who am i kiddin anything fried...

Bride said...

also, your garage is beyond scary even without the maleficent thorns..

Brooke said...

Oh my Hannah!!! I wanna eat those raspberries so bad! when I as in Oregon, my uncle has raspberry bushes and I ate a ton! Yummy! I love the pic of you on the PHONE! ha ha!