Monday, November 17, 2008

We've taken care of the leaves in the front. The back? We've yet to tackle. 


I asked Russell why he raked all the leaves in to one big pile (in case it's been a while since you had to pick up leaves, bigger piles are harder). He shrugged and laughed at me. He just thought it would be funny. This picture doesn't do the pile justice. It's a big pile. You better believe I'll be looking for every excuse to avoid that chore. Car wash? I have to have one today. 

8 comments:

Caitlin said...

I'm calling it now, Bride is going to love Otis' pose for the picture...

Patti said...

When I was a kid you could burn that pile of leaves. And oh did it smell GREAT. It was a Fall smell.

I think your car is dirty, Caity.

Dylan Todd said...

Patti, they're in Idaho. I think they make you burn your leaves up there. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, they have a word for it the smell (at least in SE Idaho): "burnin' ditch."

sacramentostakeclerk said...

We would bury ourselves in piles of leaves as children, naturally.... although now I can only obsess about what bugs and dirt were touching us when we did. (Insert shudder here.)

Ashley & Kevin said...

I wish I had leaves like that to rake & thenjump into!

chanel said...

we've found raking is the fun part, getting them into the bag- yeah that sucks! ottis doesn't like to jump in the leaves???
good luck!!!!

Patti said...

SERIOUSLY? You can burn leaves in Idaho? Is he pulling my leg?

Bride said...

it looks like you placed him there so we could see how high the pile was. i would so jump and russell would be mad at me