Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I've been on a mission, for some time now, to find a way to produce the perfect sugar crusted blueberry muffin top. Today I think I took a major step in the right direction. I bought a little scoop of turbinado sugar from the excellent bulk section at my grocery store. It's still not perfect but it's getting really close. I think I'm going to start mixing sugars now. Everyone puts butter on their blueberry muffins right?

I tried to make this cake from Bon Appetit as a thank you for my neighbor who kept an eye on Otis while we were out of town and it went terribly, horribly wrong. So bad. The white chocolate cream layer refused to whip up and eventually I opted to leave it out. When I started assembling the cake, without the extra layer, it was sliding all over the place. It was a total disaster. My kitchen wasn't that big of a mess when I made Thanksgiving dinner. Yikes.

I made my Mom's family clam chowder recipe this week but that deserves its own post - mostly because I have pictures.

This is what happens to me during holiday times. Just today I was hoping that I won't have to work on Saturday so I can make those caramels I made a couple years ago. Hoping that I won't have to work/thinking of ways to get out of it - same thing, right?

1 comments:

Patti said...

I immediately wanted to make that cake when I saw the cover of the magazine.

Sometimes baking is just like that. You've seen some of my disasters...