Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Just some random things:

- Moonstruck is pretty much one of the best movies ever. I was taking care of a guy who had a serious brain injury and he couldn't talk. He was flipping through the tv channels and I heard one of the songs from the movie and I asked if he remembered it. He flipped back to it for me. It was kind of funny but made me a little sad, too.

- I took care of a guy this weekend who had 4 different women's names tattooed on his body. He was hilarious. Half the words he said to me, I couldn't repeat. I was doing that thing that I do where I laugh at everything because I'm not quite sure what to say. Hilarious.

- I've been feeling pretty grateful these days. I love my job. I love my house. I have good friends and the best family. It feels so good to be happy, to be content. It feels just like a mug of hot chocolate on a fall day, where it's sunny but still a little cool out and you have time to just drink hot chocolate so it doesn't get cold. That is the feeling, exactly.

- Russell is buying a canoe and he's going to float down the river and hunt for deer. I only wish I was going to be there for the photo op.

- I can't wait for Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Patti said...

I love the hot chocolate description. It's so perfect. I feel grateful, too.

sacramentostakeclerk said...

That was a fantastic post.

charly said...

i love this randomness. "its like a dream"... name that person :)

BridgetToohey said...

"that's the bad blood between you and johnny? ..but that wasn't johnny's fault!"

Me said...

will he be searching for gold with a deer in his canoe?