I have been dealing with some pretty intense pressure to blog. I won't make any promises but maybe I'll try to do this a little bit more. One condition - let's pretend like it's not still winter. That winter header picture is just depressing...
I took a little road trip last week and visited Bride in Salt Lake. It was kind of last minute and it felt so spontaneous and fun. The word of the trip? Leisurely. Well, after the speeding ticket it was leisurely. I think we stayed up until 3 every night and we slept in embarrassingly late. We shopped the entire time. I couldn't stop saying it, "look how leisurely our lives are." It was awesome.
If you know Bride at all, you know how she's a quoter. Name that movie? She's the master. The master. You may not know, however, that she also has a habit of quoting real life. Watch it when you're around her - you never know if she could be quoting you later. In fact, she even provided me a "quote of the trip" - well, we couldn't actually settle on one so I'll give you a couple:
"I love that song about the guy who accidentally shoots someone." - Bride
"Oh, yeah. It's like a craft store. I hate this place." - Phil
"Believe in yourselves!" - a random student in Bride's class at BYU, less motivational, more like she was yelling at everyone
"I wanna drug test that girl." - me, about another student in Bride's class (at BYU), likely on crack
I'm not sure how accurate a representation of this trip these quotes are but trust me when I said we had fun. Sisters are the best thing. I didn't even take one picture. I'll work on that...
P.S. The first one to guess the song Bride was talking about wins

6 comments:
Phil's quote is funny.
What speeding ticket?
What winter header?? Looks like spring/summer to me! Thanks for posting (but who am I to talk?). Love hearing about what's going on in your life! Girl time together is the best. How can you have such 'leisure' when there's a wedding so close?
Hung My Head by Sting.
I might have cheated a little about the song. Okay, okay - I totally cheated.
so leisurely I love it. Pretty sure when those quotes were said in real life we laughed a LOT..in that Tai Pan Trading whatever place.
And the spring header of your house is so refreshing!
Finally!
Good to see spring time in Boise . . . still a tad chilly in NE
Post a Comment