Tuesday, June 20, 2006


I stared at the back of this trailer for 12 hours...
It was a long trip but it really wasn't too bad. We barely got all our boxes into the apartment before we started throwing up - it was pretty bad. We didn't have anything to drink; we didn't have anything. We really just started moving around and getting things done today. Brooke called us on Sunday and we talked to Connor - he wanted to know all the details. He asked us if we threw up in the car or in the bathroom, did we make it to the toilet, where was the toilet. He was so funny.


This is what our apartment looks like. Russell and I had to laugh because we are on the same block as the only non-Krispy Kreme doughnut shop in all of Boise. It is really old but it's not too bad - the only really crappy thing is the parking. It seems like those sprinklers are on everytime we take Otis outside and the first time, he turned right back around to go back in. I don't know what we are going to do when it rains...





We took Otis down to the Boise River this afternoon. It was pretty cool. They have parks pretty much down the entire length of the river. We came to a bridge and Otis would not go across. I thought he was going to slip out of his collar he was fighting so hard. I finally had to go out to the middle of the bridge and try calling him.

We are still unemployed and I am already getting sick of daytime tv... I had 2 job interviews today, one tomorrow and 2 on Thursday. Cross your fingers for me. I think Russell may have gotten a Wildland firefighter job - I'm trying to convince him to keep looking because he'll probably be gone for a few weeks at a time. We'll see what happens.








2 comments:

Heather said...

glad you guys made it! We're jealous it looks so green and cool.We already miss you guys and Otis!

Candace said...

Oh I'm so glad you started a blog. Sadie was excited to see that picture of Otis. I wonder how Otis will be when he has to go out to go potty in the snow!

Sorry you guys got sick. Hope you get jobs soon.