Friday, June 23, 2006

Russell and I are both now employed!

To celebrate, we went exploring. Boise's Lucky Peak is like Las Vegas's Lake Mead. We thought we would drive over to check it out. It is a reservoir and a couple of rivers feed into it and there are mountains all around. When I saw the water, I could have killed someone for their boat. The water was so smooth, perfect for wakeboarding.

We ended up on a dirt trail going up and down some big ol' mountains. We saw three elk and we saw a deer. It was awesome. It is the end of June and we actually found snow up there! Check out this dandelion. When we lived in Chicago, Dad would get so mad at us for blowing the seeds away. Can you tell how huge this thing is?

I don't know why, but this sign really cracks me up. Experimental forest?

Things are going really well. We are liking it here in Boise. Tomorrow we are going to go yard sale shopping. We're hoping to find a desk and a bookcase. Wish us luck. I just found out that there is a market every Saturday morning on 8th Street (we live on 14th). I love it!

3 comments:

Gramps said...

Great seeing the blog being updated.
Makes us feel like you are still close by.
Happy to hear that you are both employed. That didn't take long.

Good luck up there in the cool. 100+ here.

Amber said...

I looks so pretty there. I bet you guys are loving it!
Congrats on getting jobs. You will have to fill us in on what you guys will be doing.
Good luck at the yard sale!

Candace said...

That lake looks so pretty. We have those huge dandelions too.

Glad you guys found jobs.