Thursday, January 18, 2007

Did I mention that I lost my phone on Tuesday night? Yep. Otis and I went for a run and I lost it. When I realized it was gone, I turned around so I could retrace my steps but to no avail. My phone was long gone. I set an alarm so I would know how long I'd been running so it would have been blinking red. I even got in the car when I got home and drove around looking. Sad I know. I sent Russell a text from the computer (because we don't have a phone at home) and asked him to call and get it turned off.

Fast-forward to 2:10pm yesterday afternoon. I get back to work after lunch and I have a voicemail. "Caity, it's Mom. Someone called me and they have your phone. I hope you're not out buying a phone right now." Sweet. I called the people and went to pick up my phone after work. Am I lucky or what?

4 comments:

Patti said...

You must live right . . .

Patti said...

The girl said "um, I found a phone and you're listed as 'MOM'".

Amber said...

Nice to know there are honest people! So cool!

That same thing happend to Brian's phone at some apartments he was working at. They answered the phone when I called him. It was pretty funny. When he went to pick it up he tried to give them some money & they said no but if he ever came back to work in there maybe he could bring them a case of beer.

Bride said...

that was a really good 18 minute and 30 second conversation (exactly) i was going a little crazy you not having your phone. and guess what? i love you i love you i looove you!!!