Sunday, January 14, 2007

We tried a new recipe tonight. Thai Chile Beef. We saw them make it on America's Test Kitchen on PBS Saturday morning. I am not usually interested in making anything I see on that show but this looked pretty dang good. Russell was really excited about it but not that impressed after it was done. I thought it was tasty. I think I'll make a few adjustments before I add it to my book.

I know it's still winter but I can't wait to get my herb garden started. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up too high just in case I can't grow anything. I am planting sweet basil, italian parsley, chives and cilantro. I have one really sunny window sill - hopefully they will be able to grow there. Don't worry, I'll make cuter labels for them later.


You didn't think I could go without posting an Otis picture, did you? I thought this was a good one. I think he heard a scary noise or something; he usually hides under the desk when he is scared. Doesn't look comfortable to me...

4 comments:

Patti said...

YUM. That looks good to me. Does it have a sweet/hot flavor? Cause I LOVE that.

Herbs are so easy to grow... you'll have more than you know what to do with. mmmm, basil.

Stacy said...

That's cool, Caity. I love it that you and Mom have put your cookbooks online. Brandon & I are going to try one recipe a week.

Bride said...

doesnt look comfortable at all...you inspire me. youre always doin cool stuff like planting herbs! who are you!? youre my hero thats who..man o man..i made rolld today thats cool right? ....theyre the forzen ones. but still! for me! good huh?

i miss you. im calling you tomorrow after workie

Bride said...

guess who doesnt check for typos? or doesnt use correct punctuation out of blantant laziness. THIS GIRL