Monday, February 12, 2007

What is it about Valentine's Day? Valentine's Day and sugar cookies are two peas in a pod. I just couldn't resist. You know, I really hate making cookies. I'm bad at it. I always burn them. A cake, you only have to take out once and it's in long enough that you can forget about it and check on it a couple times before it burns. Yeah, cakes are what I like to bake. But it's Valentine's Day and frosted sugar cookies with red and pink and white nonpareils are a prerequisite.

I went to Target tonight after work. Why do I love Target? I bought some clean white dishes. I really like them and Russell and I were down to two bowls (I break stuff). I also bought a little brush thingy for Otis. He was cracking us up. He nosed it over to Russell and was practically on top of him.

My friend at work, Steve, told me a funny story today. He said he and his family have been having trouble lately staying for all three hours of church. He said last week he brought some Valentine's candy. Maybe he was thinking it would help them stay the whole time. He opened his bag of conversation hearts and looked down and the heart said, "Go Home." I think he stayed.

By the way, check out my link for Zach's blog. He found a chance to post an update and I'm sure he'd love any comments.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Those look yummy! I can never seem to make sugar cookies. I'm not sure why. They don't turn out like my mom's. Last year my mom made me some dough but I still managed to mess them up!

And who doesn't love Target??

Bride said...

alright-first i got your email-and i am calling you tomorrow..second i went to fhe tonite and it was like a valentimes (30 rock hah)theme..and i was eating a sugar cookie i had decorated (i spilled chocolate jimmies on it so i made it hair for a boy) and i was standing talking to lew the cutest girl ever and she was eating her cookie and said- "this is what valentines day is about" and i finished her thought, "cookies."

and im sure you knew i couldnt go through this party without explaining the difference between jimmies and sprinkles. i sounded like dad.

Patti said...

I cannot make a sugar cookie to save my life . . . and the sad thing about it is they're Dad's favorite. I can't make ANY cookie that needs to be rolled out . . . I love your sugar cookies, Caity.

And a conversation heart that said "go home"??? Harsh.

P.S. I LOVE TARGET

Candace said...

I really like your sprinkles. Very festive.

Dylan asked me the other night why he can't lose weight. I told him it's my fault. It's just too much fun to make all these yummy goodies!

Candace said...

Oh, I almost forgot. I love Target. Like, a lot. I have an emotional connection to that store. Their marketing department & product developers have won my heart.

Ryan said...

you're so cute! i love how your blogs remind me what its like to be fresh married and childless- so sweet! I love too that you break stuff- accident or mad rage? Im guessing accident, Im more of the mad rage kinda girl. You're much better!

Patti said...

oh, and nice cookie sheets.