It's a view that we won't be seeing much longer. It's been really cool living practically downtown. Our new house is on "the bench." I don't really know what that means. I think it's just up higher. Someone at work said, "if terrorists blow up Lucky dam, you won't have to worry." Dark, huh?
Anyway, bummer, I didn't get the driver's license job. I know, for some of you, the thought of me yanking those driver's licenses out of those wrinkly old hands was almost more excitement than you could handle. Sorry to disappoint. It's okay. I know the lady that got it and she's awesome and deserves it.
It's raining today. I thought Spring was here but it was just an area of high pressure. It's cold again and I'm sad.
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Posted by Caitlin at 1:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
As a registered land appraiser, I feel it is my duty to enlighten you on the meaning of the phrase, "on the bench." It means that your house is - literally - built on a bench. Or rather, benches.
See, it's like this: most houses sit on a concrete foundation, but in the late 1800's the Kaiser had levied a large tax on concrete, cigarettes and egg rolls, so the industrious peoples of Idaho used the next best thing: benches. (You don't want to know what they used instead of cigarettes or eggrolls... yuck.)
In fact, Boise was once known as "Bench City," due to the high volume of bench factories in the metropolitain area. Unfortunately for the bench barons, the Kaiser outlawed benches as he had fallen off of one while trying to play "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On." He was assinated three months later by an irate bench baron named Freidrich von Blunderbuss.
So there you go. I'd have a contractor look at that foundation before I signed anything, if I were you, as benches are not the best things to build a house on.
Glad I could help.
Watch your talk about old people with "Wrinkly hands".
That's Annie and me.
Post a Comment