Thursday, April 19, 2007

I have a confession to make. Prepare yourself. I have not yet begun training for the half marathon. Well, actually, I've begun a couple times. Usually Monday and Tuesday and then that's it. I'm hoping that the comments of disgust that I am sure are to follow this post will motivate me to maybe do something tonight. Can I just say for a second though... It's too hard. I don't want to. Okay, okay that's enough.

11 comments:

Ryan said...

whats up with EVERYONE running???
I tried and I now have shinsplints. IT IS HARD, but I think you should keep on keeping on, you'll be so beaming proud of yourself!
Now GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You need a smaller goal between now and the half-marathon. Something that will help you feel like this really IS something you can do (and something fun, too!). SO, come to Sacramento and run a 10K with me and Kelly. You and Russell can stay with us; we can go to San Francisco and have a fun time. I know it's a long way to drive, but you crazy kids are up for anything!

Was that convincing?

Patti said...

BHAHAHAHA . . . I have a confession . . . I'm dying laughing here.

Look at www.marathonrookie.com

By Labor Day I have to be able to run at least 30 minutes without stopping before I start that 10 week half marathon training schedule. If I can do it you can do it.

And it won't be fun without you . . .

P.S. I'm glad you fessed up.

Caitlin said...

Well, Meliss, I was hoping for something more along the lines of: "Get off your lazy keister and start running"

Patti said...

We can't do it without you. It's that simple. It's science.

Anonymous said...

Do I need to send you a copy of your "commitment" email? You all knew those would come back to haunt you, didn't you?

Fall back on the idea that you can walk the whole thing if you have to. But you won't have to.

p.s. It really WON'T be the same if you don't come. It's going to be fun. I'm going to eat a box of Little Debbie snack cakes afterward. One after the other. I'm not sharing even one. That ALONE should be worth the trip.

Caitlin said...

It must be a sign - I just got an e-mail from the Employee Health Coordinator (or whatever) for a marathon/10K/5K next month...

kelly said...

I think most of us will admit to our initial commitments as more of a halfhearted go-along with Melissa's insane idea.(Sorry, but it's true.) Melissa wanted it because she had some sort of passion that we didn't have yet. Somewhere along the line, I got it for myself. I want to run (although please don't make me explain why, because I'm not sure I know). You just gotta want it.
As an extra incentive though, I'm assuming there will be good food and good shopping on this trip, otherwise I'm out, too.

Brooke said...

I want to talk Russell into driving you somewhere and dropping you off so you have to run home! ha! JK.....kinda : )

Brooke said...

Really, I agree that you need a smaller, immediate goal before the half marathon. I ran like 6 races before the marathons. You need something to shoot for...that week! Otherwise its way too easy to just not go running that day.

Patti said...

heh heh . . . Brooke is going to have Russ drop you off someplace.