I've been waiting to post anything until the front room is painted because I've promised pictures I don't know how many times. Sorry. It's still not painted. I'm not going to say when I'll have it done this time. We'll see if I have better luck accomplishing something that way.
We planted a few things in our garden this week. We bought two raspberry bushes, one black raspberries and one red. We also planted tomatoes, spinach, zucchini, and serrano chilies. We transplanted our potted herbs outside, too. So far, the basil looks the best. I can't wait to start cooking with it.
We took a little drive over to Rexburg on Saturday to see the newest addition to the Todd fam. She's really cute. She looks a lot like Sadie to me and she was so tiny. I could never get tired of holding her. Sadie was pretty dang cute, too. I love the way she says my name. Caitlin is kind of a hard one for them.
I tried a couple new recipes recently and thought I would share them. This Vegetable Chowder turned out to be really good. I wasn't sure because I don't like red bell peppers that much but it was really tasty. We also tried Orzo with Chicken, Corn and Green Beans. This one was really easy and quick. I made it once with one of those rotisserie chickens but the second time I quickly cooked a couple chicken breasts in the oven and I think it turned out better.
Oh, and just so you can stop worrying, Russell fixed my car (is there anything he can't fix?). The leak was coming from the oil plug. He got it off and it looks like Jiffy Lube stripped a few threads from the inside, not the bolt. Luckily it wan't too bad and he fixed it with some teflon tape. Also, we have recently joked about buying a boat instead of any more furniture. Just wanted to let you guys know so you won't be completely shocked if it happens. We might not have any place for you to sit when you come to visit but we'll have a practical movie theater in the basement and Lucky Peak Reservoir is just 30 minutes from here.
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Posted by Caitlin at 9:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Im jealous of you!
1- you got to hold claire!
2- you make awesome dinners!
3- your husband can fix a car leak!
You are one snazy lucky gal!
um, this post was funny . . .
My new oven has a built in dehydrator, so if you have too much basil . . . I'm just saying.
You have been busy! That is why your room isn't painted yet. That is so cool that you can actually grow things in a garden.
I'm glad you guys were able to go visit Candace & Dylan. I can't wait to meet Claire.
And isn't nice that Russell is so handy?
Post a Comment