I love Food Everyday magazine. Every time I go to the grocery store and I see a new one, I try to look through it really quickly and if I see three recipes that I might try, I buy it. Last month a bought it and I have tried a ton of new stuff! They have this section every month called "Have you tried?" and they tell you a few facts and include a couple recipes for the featured ingredient. This time it was bulgar. It is the wheat berry that has been steamed, dried and cracked and it is used a lot in Middle Eastern cuisine. I am in love. They included a recipe for breakfast bulgar porridge - it's sort of a cross between oatmeal and rice. You cook it like a hot cereal and then serve strawberries over it. It is really good and I am totally hooked. I've had it two mornings in a row and now I'm out of strawberries... If my grocery store in Boise has it, yours will too.
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I had to google that magazine to find out what it is . . . I've never seen an issue.
Do I need it?
Happy Birthday, Caity!
Stop it, Mom!
I wonder who the love of food was inherited from.
Post a Comment