I love trying to get my chores typically reserved for the weekend taken care of during the week so that I can have my weekend for relaxing. It's Russell's birthday weekend (we like to extend the celebration as long as possible) and we're not doing anything. We were thinking about going to the Cherry Festival in Emmett and then I bought Russell a few flies for fishing so we were considering doing that but in the end, we opted to stay home and sit around. We will probably end up watching PBS most of the day. Anyway, I thought I would share a recipe we tried this week. This one is courtesy Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats.
Zucchini and Bow Ties
salt
1 lb. bow tie pasta
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves minced garlic
2 medium zucchini
pepper
1 cup grated Parmigiano
1 cup fresh basil leaves
Cook your pasta and reserve a few ladles of the pasta water. Heat deep skillet over medium. Add extra virgin olive oil and garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and cook about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add ladles of pasta water and cooked pasta. Turn off the heat and toss with the cheese for about 2 minutes or until the liquids are absorbed. Serve with shredded basil on top.
We are trying to stick pretty close to our grocery budget and this one was inexpensive and really tasty. Next time, I think I'll add more zucchini or maybe try asparagus.
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Posted by Caitlin at 1:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Yum . . . that's one you could make anytime . . . ingredients on hand, you know? Right now I'm marinating chicken in plain Greek yogurt and lots of spices like oregano and black pepper and rosemary ... for kabobs, or as Bridie would say, "ka-babs".
Enjoy your weekend, Caity.
I had a lot of catching up to do!
thanks for the yummy dish, i'll be trying it this week!
great sign picture!!
your weekend sounds wonderful! oh to do nothing but watch pbs- NICE!
Love your new blog format...and how did I miss that awesome picture of Russell below this entry? Tell Russ happy birthday from me and the boys!
I love that picture at the top!
Perfect picture for your header!
post dammit
Post a Comment