Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Help me out here will you?

I work with this crazy lady. She is in charge of the Classic license plate program. Instead of having a mileage restriction on this particular plate (like every other normal state) Idaho imposed a "use restriction" and there is really no way to enforce it. They can't use the vehicle for regular transportation because basically they don't pay registration fees. Anyway, this lady is INSANE. She gives all the customers the third degree and if anyone else in our office issues a classic plate - watch out. I call her the plate Nazi. My boss heard me today and scolded me! He said I need to "be careful." So, my question to you: Do you find "plate Nazi" offensive? Really. Tell me.

10 comments:

Dylan Todd said...

I'm not offended, but real Nazis might be. This lady sounds more like a fascist than a Nazi.

Does she believe on the supremacy of the Aryan race? Does she believe that Hitler's Germany is the a putative successor to the Holy Roman Empire and the German Empire? Does she own or operate a swastika tattooed remote-controlled robot super-gorilla with laser eyes and a taste for world domination?

If you can't answer "yes" to any or all of these questions, then she just may be a garden-variety plate fascist. Pretty standard for DMV's, actually.

Patti said...

It's that "hostile work environment" thing.

Probably not a good thing to refer to someone as a Nazi . . . I substitute "battleax" in my office and it satisfies me.

Fascist works, too.

Caitlin said...

I could understand if the person I was calling a Nazi was offended. I think this guy's just dumb. I do like battleax though...

Patti said...

Sometimes I refer to specific person I work with as "battleax" just for the laugh. It makes people laugh because it fits so well . . . now that I think of it everyone else calls her "El Cortez" . . . referring to that horrible hotel. heh heh . . .

Patti said...

We have another lady they call Nancy Reagan. It has more to do with her hair. Cause it looks like if she fell down it would break . . .

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

I use the "______Nazi" term all the time for people who are ultra extreme, so I'm not the best person to ask. I did get scolded for calling the skeleton in our Bio class White Trash. It was missing teeth!!

Gramps said...

Did she used to work for the Registry of motor vehicles in Massachusetts and the Nevada DMV in Las Vegas ???

I think I met her in both states.

Ryan said...

these comments are all way funny!
i won't tell you what Im thinking of calling her- you'd probably get fired.

Bride said...

mom and dad "netflix nazis"