Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Well, it's been sort of busy around our house lately. Russell may have found a new job. It's been very slow for new homes around here and he hasn't had very much work to do. The new job is with a fencing company. I think he's giving it a bit of a test run right now. I wish he didn't have to do such hard work. I think he should go to school to be a botanist, then I can call him "scientist" like on Half Baked.

I'm getting really excited about our vacation next week. It looks like we're leaving on Tuesday and heading up to Glacier National Park, we're going to camp there and hang out a little bit on Wednesday and then drive up to Payne Lake for the reunion. I still have to get our grocery list together, wash our sleeping bags, give the dang dog a bath and clean up the house before we go (because we all know there is nothing worse than coming home from vacation to a messy house).

We made this for dinner this week. The chili was good but not really our idea of chili. You know. Spicy. Meaty. We won't be replacing our recipe. The cornbread, though. Dang. It was good. I even busted out my cast iron skillet. Tasty.

5 comments:

Patti said...

They make low-fat buttermilk? Hmmm. Seems like a little bit of an oxymoron to me.

Take lots of pictures on your trip.

And wait till you see a real live glacier. You seriously may convert and find yourself a Democrat. Just an FYI . . .

Patti said...

The cornbread looks fabulous.

Heather said...

Have fun on your trip.
Russell really should go back to school.....
Whatever he ends up doing he should be happy doing it. Especially if it requires hard work. Good thing he learned from the best!

Brooke said...

Wyatt said, "Dog... Cute!" and pointed to your header picture.

Brooke said...

He also said, "they funny. and then he saw the picture of the food and said, "Eat!"