Thursday, September 20, 2007

When Russell and I first moved into our house, we noticed one of our neighbors in particular. He was working on what looked like an addition on his house or a garage or something like that. This neighbor happens to wear a tank top with a kilt and work boots every day. EVERY DAY. A kilt. I've been interested in meeting this neighbor for awhile now. I want to know the story, you know? Last week I pulled up to the front of the house and there was a dead bird in the street and I was thinking to myself about how crappy it was going to be to clean that up and I was sure that it was my responsibility since it was right in front of my house. Guess what, as I walked up to the front door, the kilt neighbor came and picked up the dead bird. Yes! Not only do I get out of having to pick up the dead bird, I now have an excuse to bring a little treat over to his house so I can introduce myself. That's not all, okay. I came to work and I was telling everyone about him and one lady, Carolyn, knows the guy! She plays the bagpipes and is on the game committee for the Highland Games here in Boise. He does "heavy" athletics which I think means that he throws heavy rocks and stuff. I'm hoping to do a little baking this weekend - I'll be sure to let you know if I get any new information.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Can you try & get a picture of him??

Brooke said...

IDAHO!!!!!!! Where else would this little story be taking place, I ask you?! Kilts, dead birds, bagpipes....heavy athletics! This is peaking my interest.

chanel said...

oh yeah great suggestion- GET A PICTURE..WITH him when you deliver the baked goods! AWESOME!

You're so funny!

Brooke said...

And Caitlin, you are the only one I know who would bake something for someone who removed a dead bird for you. I love knowing you!

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patti said...

I feel a great story brewing.