Thursday, October 11, 2007

I love my dog and everything but I HATE picking up dog poop. I thought the chore would get better once we had a house with a yard. Nope. It's worse. We wait until there is so much poop back there that a run in is a matter of certainty. We could make it a little game and Russell and I will trade off. See how long you can wait to pick up the poop. If Otis steps in some and tracks it all over the house, you lose AND you have to clean it up AND pick up the backyard AND give me a foot rub (notice the confidence with which I can say "give me a foot rub" - that's on purpose - I don't lose). It's an extra gamble around this time too because he's running all over chasing the squirrels. When he's not chasing squirrels, he usually pays attention to where he's stepping, I mean, would you want to step in that in your bare feet? I didn't think so.

You know what else, I've picked up the poop the last 4 times and that's not fair. And yes, I keep track of that.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Sick! That isn't fair! I would be keeping track of that too.

Patti said...

heh heh . . . Amber's comment made me giggle.

I think that was always Zach's and Patrick's job . . . but I think Dad was always the one to do it. And I know I can't compare. My dog weighs 23 lbs. Otis is ginormous.

Gramps said...

Put a diaper on him !