Russell took us to a pumpkin patch on Friday after work. We went to 2 different places. Little ranches really. I bought some butternut squash at the first one - I'm trying a new butternut squash recipe this week. The second place we stopped had apples! A bucket was $3. Russell knew I wouldn't be able to resist. We bought a bucket of Ida Rose. They are so delicious. We went from this:
to this:
I peeled a few too many apples and I couldn't bear to waste them so I made applesauce, too. I've never made applesauce before and I did look up a recipe but I kind of winged it and it turned out dang good. I had it for breakfast this morning. I wish you were here, Bride.
I also added last week's menu to my recipe blog.
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Posted by Caitlin at 11:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Those apples look good & the pie looks even better!
When I read this today I quickly made some homemade applesauce for Bridget. She doesn't know yet . . .
I am well taken care of, correct?
Post a Comment