Friday, October 19, 2007

This is bad. It's going to be a very long winter. We've had two, count 'em, two days of winter-like weather and I'm already ready for it to be done. I've been unprepared - that's the problem. If I had dressed a little bit more warmly the last couple days I probably (probably) wouldn't be complaining. It rained all day long today. Cold rain.

I had to take a picture of my yard today. The leaves are starting to fall off our tree in the front. I have to go out and buy a rake tomorrow. Can you see my pumpkins on the porch? Some lady grew those on her little farm in Nampa. That's the same lady I got all the delish apples from.

Halloween is just around the corner and we still haven't planned the front yard decorations. I want to set it all up like a cemetery and then get Russell to hide in the dark and scare the kids. I think it would be so much fun! I could sit on the porch and drink hot chocolate and hand out candy. It's getting close though, and the closer it gets the less likely it seems that we'll do it.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I'm sorry about the weather. I'm sure I would feel the same way. However, your house is so cute with the pretty leaves. It looks like a warm place to cozy up for the winter. But I don't have to live there. I'm sure it's not as cute when it's cold and wet and muddy and you have to get all geared up just to go outside. That has to be annoying.

I'm rambling....

Bride said...

youre house looks awesome. i love it. looks like a professional picture. i really think you should like burry russell make him look like a dummy under the tree. i wanna come to your halloween. do it.

Bride said...

****bury

Bride said...

(burr im cold in my freezing house)

Patti said...

It isn't cold in the house, Caity. Want me to send you a hat and gloves?

Amber said...

Your house & yard look so cute! I love it. That would be funny if Russ would scare all the kids but would they even make it to your door to get their candy. It would be funny though!

Brooke said...

how cute is your house?! I love it! And also, you make me want some hot chocolate now.