Did you know that cornbread is a very hotly debated topic of conversation in some circles? I learned that today because I have been looking for a good cornbread recipe and in the last few months I have tried a couple different recipes. I didn't like them. Not sweet enough. That is what the debate is about - sweet or not sweet. When I was younger my Mom would make corn muffins and I would wake up in the morning and have one for breakfast. Ooh, heated up in the microwave so the butter melts. Delish. Anyway, I think today I finally found the recipe. I made a couple changes (oil? heck no we're using butter!) and it turned out yummy. Here it is:
1 1/2 c. flour
2/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. corn meal
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 1/4 c. milk
2 eggs
1/2 c. melted butter
Combine dry ingredients, then add wet and mix until just combined. Scoop into greased or lined muffin tin and bake in 350 degree oven about 30 minutes.
Also, if you haven't tried that cranberry Sierra Mist, do yourself a favor and go to the store pronto. It is so good!
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Posted by Caitlin at 2:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I haven't even heard of cranberry sierra mist. I will have to look for it now. I like the new look.
Can't wait to see you guys. Also I got your card today. Cute picture.
I like them on the sweet side, too. Maybe with a little honey butter.
They make that cranberry sierra mist in diet. And I LOVE it.
We LOVED your Christmas card. And the picture.
I love your new blog layout...
See you on Saturday!
Post a Comment