Wednesday is a good day. I love school ONLY days. It is still a little chilly (a bit more than just sweatshirt weather) but I opted to ride my bike. It doesn't look that chilly in the picture, huh? Please ignore that scary garage.
In my skills class today we did NG tubes. In the past, they required students to insert the tubes into other students. They discontinued that practice (at my school at least). A nasogastric tube goes into the nose, down the esophagus and into the stomach. Even though I only inserted the tube into a manikin, it was still a pretty good lab. My teacher said that she worked somewhere once where the NG tube was in a patient's lung and they didn't check to make sure that it was placed correctly and they fed the guy. Into his lung. I bet that didn't feel good.
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Posted by Caitlin at 9:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Did he live?
Cause isn't that drowning?
He lived. It just collapsed his lung.
You always make me smile, thank you, not everyone's blog can do that.
you're such a great girl!!!!
Post a Comment