A bit of an interesting afternoon...
Work was awesome, even though I have to leave at 7 for an hour so Russ can get to work and "A" can get to school - it was still really good. Smooth. I like that kind of day.
I grabbed my sweatshirt and my keys and I noticed that the little ball on the end of my keychain (the one that was my grandma's) was missing along with the spare key for the neighbor's house. Crap. I didn't hear anything fall so I figured I could start looking in the car. I get out to the car and no problem, the key, the keychain all found. Sweet. I get in and turn the key. Click, click, click. Crap again. My car didn't start! A couple of guys just finishing lunch heard the clicking and came to help me push start (I love having a standard transmission). Got home fine and the car started up later no problem. Okaaay. So, I'm thinking I better call Russ to let him know about the car. Another problem. Where the heck is my phone? My cell phone. The only phone I have. Why don't I have a house phone, again? Where is it? I know I had it when I came home this morning. I looked EVERYWHERE. I'm not kidding (I'm really good at finding things, maybe because I am always losing things, whatever). I got on the computer and asked Patrick to call me - no long distance. I tried to send myself a text - maybe I would hear it ring. No luck. Finally, after I seriously almost started crying (that's a big deal for me) I went and asked our neighbor if I could use his phone. I called Russell. He took both phones to work by accident. One in his pocket, one in his hand.
All that in about an hour and a half. Do you think "A" will be into taking a nap after school? Yeah, I didn't think so.
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Posted by Caitlin at 2:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You remind me of the Mayor of Wailea.
In a good way...
That explains why you didn't answer my call. Tell Russ it does not explain why he didn't.
You are really good at finding things... that part made me laugh. Oh, Russ is in trouble with the Mom in law! One time when we had a house phone... I took my cordless phone to work with me... I know ditz!
That really is a kind of interesting afternoon... all that back and forth between anxiety and relief. I had empathetic anxiety, and the relief, just reading about it. But then again, I need help. Rather serious help.
Post a Comment