I can't stop thinking about a little old lady that I met at work a couple weeks ago. The first time I went into her room there were quite a few family members visiting. Everyone seemed pretty upbeat, cheery even - including the patient. When I went in the second time she was alone. I asked if everyone had gone home and she said yes. She said she was glad because seeing them made her tired. She said that she didn't want anyone to worry so she didn't let them see how tired she really was. I keep thinking about her - maybe because I felt a little sad for her, I don't know. She was really pleasant, she only stayed overnight and then went back home. I just can't stop thinking about her.
Quick side note: Could I possibly be getting attached to a turtle?
Thursday, August 07, 2008
Posted by Caitlin at 1:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I think your job is so cool! It would be hard for me to not feel a connection or get attached to the people that you take care of. You will probably be a favorite nurse to a lot of people.
And I'm lost.....where did the turtle come from ?
When the turtle's mouth is clamped to your finger......you are attached.
Post a Comment