Some totally random (and totally awesome) stuff to tell you:
- I did a clinical day in the ER last week and got all my IV's on the first poke. YAY me! (Seriously, that's pretty hardcore)
- One of the Sunbeams said to me, right out of the blue, "my dad used to have earrings but he doesn't anymore but he still has holes in his ears." Hilarious, no? In just 2 1/2 short months those Sunbeams will be mine.
- Russell killed a deer again this year. I'm going to go ahead and apologize once now for the complaining that will now commence for the following year until the deer has been completely consumed. Or given away. Anyone want some venison?- I made Ina's tzatziki again. I had to do it secretly while Russell was at ninja because he swore that the last time I made it, everything in the refrigerator tasted like cucumbers. He hates cucumbers. Anyway, it's good enough to score one of the pages in my recipe book and I don't just give those things away...
Monday, October 19, 2009
Posted by Caitlin at 8:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Can you believe that Maggie will be a Sunbeam in 2 1/2 (very short) months? I can't. Good thing Garett never had an earring.
I'm gonna pass on the venison. But I appreciate the thought.
I wonder what secret things I would do if Garett went to ninja school. I don't think I'd make tzatzkiki (since I don't know what it is)... even though unlike Russell I'm a big fan of cucumbers.
I'm so glad you got all your IV's on the first try. I agree that's a big deal because when I was sick and going through those four surgeries, I got so freaked out when they couldn't put in my IV. I mean, I remember thinking, 'Holy crap! This person doesn't know what the heck they're doing & I'm going to die!' It's totally scary for the patient! I'm so happy you can do it! :)
I was just thinking the same thing yesterday in church about Jake being a Sunbeam in January. Makes me SO glad I'm in Primary to keep an eye on that rascal.
I also have no idea what tzatzkiki is.
Nice job there Caity! You are a pro!
I don't know what tzatzkiki is, nor do I know what a Sunbeam is when it is capitalized . . . but I can sorta guess.
When you come back this way you can bring me some venison!
I have lots of funny Sunbeam stories from your Primary career, Caity. Remember that little boy who told us the name his 'friends' at school were calling him?
Hooray for success on the first stick.
I love tzatzkiki all over a gyro or grilled chicken in a pita. I haven't tried Ina's recipe - I usually wing it (I like the Fage yogurt) and add probably more garlic than is necessary.
No thanks no the venison, but Dad will probably be looking for that jerky.
Brian shot a deer this year too. maybe we can share some venison recipes. it really is not a favorite of mine! shhhh!
Oh but are you happy for me. It won't be hanging in my bedroom! yay!!
we miss you guys!
And yes sunbeams are funny. Wait till you have your own kids. They will for sure keep you entertained and laughing! :)
Post a Comment