It seems like we've had so much going on around here lately. First (and totally most exciting) I graduated! I am practically officially a nurse. I have to take board exams which is still kind of a big thing, but the school part? Check. My pinning was on Thursday and this picture is courtesy Gramps who made a special trip up just to attend.
Next, I was released as a primary worker and, today, sustained as a counselor in the primary. I realized today that I accepted this calling without knowing what it entails at all. Seriously. No idea. But I think it'll be fun (right?). I think so because the prez said we would have primary presidency girls nights out except we wouldn't call it that because that was too dorky.
Okay, what else? I totally got a job already!! They offered me a job on the telemetry floor at the same hospital I work at now. I am really excited and really nervous. I am feeling more pressure to study up than I ever felt as a student. Okay real quick, let me tell you. One weekend they were short staffed and I had to float to that floor (as a nurse apprentice) and this guy totally passed out in the bathroom and he just had open heart surgery so I couldn't do the "sternal rub" which was my first instinct so I just stood there like an idiot. I really hope the charge nurse doesn't remember me...
One other thing. I started an etsy shop. Duly Noted. Any advice? Input? Suggestions? I'm open.

12 comments:
I really like that picture.
You are a nurse, Caity!
We are all so proud of you...
I love the notes.
It's a really good picture of Russ, huh?
YEAH! Awesome! Exclamation mark! All of the stuff in this post is awesome. Also, your Etsy shop is awesome. Looking forward to seeing you guys. Congrats!
Congrats Caity!! I'm so happy for you and so very proud. You and Russ look great.
congrats! this is all so exciting. you look so happy in that picture.
and i love your shop!
i'm excited for your new job but not excited about you guys not coming home for xmas. we will miss you.
Wow! You are a full-fledged freakin' adult! Primary presidency? Graduation? Job? You've got it all going on.
And a nurse! It's awesome. I can't wait to call you with over-the-line questions regarding my children's vomit or bowel movements or something (you know, just some possible/likely topics). This family has really needed a medical professional! (Now if we can just get a car mechanic everything will be perfect.)
p.s. Love Duly Noted!
I can't get that line from Tommy Boy out of my head, "You know, a lot of people go to college for 7 years."
dang girl! lots of stuff going on.
congrats on graduating. you are awesome & you'll do great on your boards.
primary counselor is fun! and i totally think it's less work than primary teacher.
advice for your etsy shop. keep listing & list as often as you can. it just takes some time to get rolling.
you make me smile!! Congrats! times 4!! are you guys coming home for christmas???
I just saw this post today---looks like I'm late! Congratulations on all accounts. Love & miss you guys.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! YOU ROCK! YOU REALLY REALLY LOOK LIKE A NURSE- TOTALLY!!!
Whats telemetry??????
seriously you rule.
Post a Comment