The weather has been cool since school started. It's been really nice for a quick change but I'm not saying I'm ready for the fall or anything. Fall is lovely in Boise, it really is but it doesn't last very long and then fall turns in to winter. And winter lasts forever.
Anyway, I have been busting out a few classic fall recipes. Wait, real quick, does anyone else think cookies are kind of a fall thing? They remind me of back to school - you know? Cookies for school lunches? Maybe it's just me. I did make pumpkin bread last week (unquestionably fall) and we had chicken pot pie for lunch today. I usually skip the bottom crust, really just to cut out a few calories but I went for it today and it was totally worth it. When I asked Russell if it's the best chicken pot pie I've ever made he said yes.Doesn't Otis look very contemplative here? Fat, too. Fat and contemplative.
Friday, September 03, 2010
Posted by Caitlin at 3:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
He looks ginormous.
The last time I made chicken pie Patrick and I laughed all day long about it.
Maybe Dad overdid it just a little bit.
I'm sending Patrick a text message right now reminding him about that day.
I love everything about the Fall. Especially the food.
Otis is ginormous.
oh i was so glad to see "time to dance" on my google reader! i miss you guys!
i can't wait for fall either. it is still so HOT here. But i really wish that i could experience idaho in the fall. you know....brian would really LOVE to move to idaho. anyways, that pot pie looks yummy.
Amber! You can come check out Boise in the fall! You can fly for $10.99 from Vegas to Twin Falls all the time. I just heard about this - actually, I'm surprised Brian didn't know!
Caity, that chick pie looks yummy.
I love all the seasons, even if Fall means going back to school. Still cooking on the grill.
Great bike riding weather here in NE!
Otis looks MATURE. He's not a puppy any more . . . xo.
Post a Comment