Friday, May 27, 2011


I watched Downton Abbey this week. ALL of it. What can I say? I got sucked in. Real quick: when we first moved to Boise, Russell and I used to watch Masterpiece Theater every Sunday night. I especially loved Masterpiece Mystery! Oh, Miss Marple - crazy old lady! Now, we both work Sunday nights and so the tradition has fallen by the wayside. Sad.
Anyway, back to Downton Abbey. It makes me wonder if I was born at the wrong time. Why don't we write letters on fancy thick paper anymore? Because we send a dumb email instead. If there were any possible way, I would abandon email and send letters exclusively. All kinds - not just thank you notes and birthday cards. I've been thinking about this and I've assembled a list. Perfectly awesome reasons to send a note:
new job
expecting a baby
the electricity went out
the season changed
the dog celebrated his birthday
you got a new electronic device
you re-arranged the furniture and it's awesome

Really? You can write a note for no reason at all, can't you? Now if I could just get my hands on some of that really thick paper...

3 comments:

Patti said...

I have a friend who regularly writes me a note and puts it in the mail. No kidding, it's awesome getting those.

Bride said...

i have a sneaking suspicion you will get your hands on some really thick paper .

cm2e said...

There is nothing to compare with a letter or note in the mailbox!