Friday, June 17, 2011


Russell's birthday was this week and we finally managed to get out camping. We tried a couple weeks ago but it's been cold and rainy so late this year. A few weeks ago we were sure there would still be snow in the mountains. Actually, Russell admitted (after we were practically there) that he wasn't entirely sure we wouldn't be camping in snow this week.


This spring we bought real packs for hiking. Like, legit, hardcore, real hiker packs. We'll see how much use we get out of them. I'm not so sure. This was the first trial run and I packed that thing pretty heavy - I even had a couple books (P.S. hikers don't pack books)- and it didn't feel too bad at all. I've said it before but really, all I have to be able to do is keep up with Otis and lets just say he isn't winning any races. Better yet, endurance is not his strong suit.


Okay, best thing about camping: s'mores with a Reeses peanut butter cup instead of Hersheys chocolate.
Worst thing about camping: unpacking when you get home (I still haven't done it).

4 comments:

Patti said...

Happy Birthday to Russ.

Did someone know where you were?

It's triple digits here now.

sacramentostakeclerk said...

It looks beautiful. Happy birthday, Russ. :)

p.s. Grace loved her note. We've been meaning to Skype!

Amber said...

you packed books.....that made me laugh. i like you caitlin!!!
and that place looks so pretty. how far away from you house is that? yes, it is triple digits here. can you say....we want to go camping and go somewhere cooler.
i text Russ for his bday and not sure if it is even the right #. so happy birthday Russell!
miss you guys. can you tell???

cm2e said...

Looks loverly!
Happy Birthday Russell!