Thursday, July 07, 2011


I have some really good memories of baking with my Mom. There were a few jobs that I was always "in charge" of. Number one - whipping the cream. Now that I think about it, I laugh. Why the heck were we always whipping cream? I think there were church functions involved but I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, today I baked and I reminisced about one of my all time favorite jobs - matching the whoopie pie halves. I loved finding the halves that were most similar in size and shape and then filling them. And then finding, when I got to the end, that there were an odd number of halves and I got to eat the odd number with the filling and no topper. Heaven.


I love those memories. Thanks for giving me jobs, Mom.

5 comments:

Patti said...

Thanks for the early morning smile, Caity.

cm2e said...

Sounds like tough work! Glad you were up to it . . .

Amber said...

that is just so sweet!!

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I need to give my kids more jobs so that someday they'll write sweet posts about me! :)

chanel said...

thanks for sharing this, makes me think of doing things like this with my kids- ya never know when something simple and mundane is actually cool and fun for a kid. you're a sweet daughter!