Saturday, July 02, 2011

Something very bad happened yesterday.


I blew up the projector. A can of spray air was involved. There was fire. Why don't I tell you the whole story?

So, it's been starting to get pretty warm around here and the basement is always cool. Cold, in fact. I like to gather up all the laundry, maybe a little project and turn on a movie. Well, the projector had been acting up recently, flashing red and green and black and white, making the movie watching experience generally less awesome. I gave it a little google search and someone suggested that it might be dusty inside, making the fan less effective in keeping everything cool. Well, I already turned the projector on before I remembered the suggestion to dust and I went for it. And then there was fire.

I have been known to be called heartless but let me tell you, I cried. That is not a lie.

I'm pretty sure that it's thanks to my quick thinking (after my no thinking) that the projector has been salvaged. I put out the fire, unplugged as fast as I could and let it cool down. I replaced the bulb (then dusted) and it works. And no blinking.

3 comments:

Patti said...

You know how to fix anything. Bridie told me that.

Bride said...

i like the "quick thinking after no thinking" ahhahah

cm2e said...

You are gifted in SO many ways!