Thursday, February 23, 2012

4 pounds 9 ounces

I spent all day with Ruby today. I had a few things to do for work and I brought my computer and held her for hours until I was all done. Then I fed her a bottle and she was totally in to it. Her OT said she feels like she likes to eat. It sounds silly but that's a big deal since she's had a lot of negative things going on in & around her mouth in her little life.

Russell came at around lunch time and gave her a bath and snuggled her until he almost fell asleep. It was another good day.

We can expect tomorrow to be a little rougher. I'm going to bed now so I can hold her all morning before we go to the OR. I thought about asking Ruby's surgeon if I could scrub in. You think?

And as promised. A picture of the stoma. Let's stuff those guts back in there!

3 comments:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

Good luck tomorrow, Ruby! We'll be praying hard!

Patti said...

One more step closer to home.

Amber said...

I would have wanted to scrub in too. did you ask?