Ruby is officially 4 pounds today plus an ounce. She is still on her nasal cannula, no CPAP mask for a couple days now. She got a new kind of bed last night. This is the transition bed from isolet to crib. On this bed, they can gradually adjust the temperature and when they get it down to room air temp and they know she'll tolerate it, she gets a crib! The fact that I just put an exclamation point at the end of that sentence gives me an excellent segue. Our milestones are not major the way they were when Ruby was sicker. Before she was even a week old, Ruby had an intestinal perforation and a surgeon repaired it by giving her an ostomy. Before we can go home, we want to put Ruby's guts back together but before we can do that, Ruby needs to weigh 3 kilograms or about 6.5 pounds. This is my explanation for the focus on weight gain. Since the progress could be a little slow (who are we kidding, it's painstakingly slow), we are going to celebrate every seemingly insignificant change. Every. Change. My apologies in advance.
Friday, February 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
LOVE that picture.
Keep the details coming! I will never grow tired of them.
(Today Ruby turned 18 and weighs 102 pounds!... Still wouldn't be sick of it.)
I concur! Keep 'em comin' sister. We are all so excited. Its fun to see how proud of parents the two of you are. I just adore you! Have I told you that in person lately? If not, I'm gonna.
Its like she is saying to us in this picture, "Ya, that's right, 4 lbs. people! I'm good and I know it!"
Looks to be a hint of a smile there! Keep the rports coming.
xo
We love those updates. Every single change is a milestone for all of you. I like Bridget's comment about the look on Ruby's face. Awesome.
Anonymous is Kelley DiRosa.
do not appoligize! i love the details too. cause honestly when she gains an ounce i'm doing a happy dance. i want her to come home. what a happy day that will be. so until then every ounce gained is also a happy day!!!
Post a Comment