Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Surgery went well. Ruby is back in her room. We will know in a couple weeks how successful it was. She did look a little sad. Her eyes are really swollen and she is intubated again. It's weird to see her this size with the ET tube. She was only extubated two weeks ago but with the tube and neobar (the sticker/tube holder) as perspective, she seems so big. Two weeks ago she was 2 pounds 9 ounces and today she is exactly a pound heavier.

She is breathing over the ventilator like a good girl. They are going to give her some pain meds and make sure that they don't knock her out too much before they take out the tube.

This wasn't that major of a deal. What I mean is, this wasn't one of the things keeping us in the hospital. But it feels really good to get out of the way, to cross off the list, to put behind us. Every day a little bit closer to home, right?

5 comments:

sacramentostakeclerk said...

I can't wait to come see her! But I can't decide what present to bring her! And she's doing so well I may have to decide sooner rather than later.

That's it.

I'll just have to buy two.

Candace said...

Thanks for the updates, Caitlin. Glad it's over & she's doing well.

Patti said...

I hope you get some sleep. Kiss her from us. Love you.

aireal said...

You know, Cait, you never stop amazing me with your resilience and strength. Wonder where The Rubster got it from?

You guys are being so strong and so patient. We will have her home soon. You are right-One day at a time.

Love you!

charly said...

Love you! You guys are all so strong. keep it up ruby!