Tuesday, July 04, 2006


This has been the extent of our 4th of July holiday. It is so hot, we don't even want to move! Poor Otis doesn't even get out of bed in the morning before he starts panting. We don't really have any AC. We have a cooler in our room but our apartment is so long that it is the only room that stays remotely cool. At least in Boise we have two hot summer months and not eight like in Vegas. That's me - always looking on the bright side...

Anyway, things here are good. Seven fires started all around Boise after a thunder and lightening storm a couple nights ago. We are just waiting for a call to find out when Russell is headed out. We don't really know how much notice they'll give him or anything so he is all packed and ready to go. I think he's really excited.

Work is going pretty well for me. Everytime I feel like I'm starting to get a good grasp on things, they show me something new but that's what a new job is all about, right? I was a little bummed the first couple days but now it's working out great and all the people are really nice.

I walk by this little garden everyday when I come home for lunch and take Otis around the block. I've been wanting to take a cool picture. If you look, you can see my back porch. I swear I think anything can grow here.

3 comments:

Amber said...

That flower is so awesome! You wouldn't see that here in LV. Sorry it is so hot but I am glad you are having a relaxing 4th!

Papa said...

Hi Caity,
Just back from our visit to Kelly's.... Emma's adorable, but my photo skills have failed me and none of my shots up to snuff. Doggone it! I may have to buy a new camera!

I'll see there are any good enough to post ASAP.

Love ya!
-dad

Bride said...

oh my HEAD dad is funny.

i wish i was there to see otis all sluggish. i love that.