
Russell was home for a couple of days this week. I dropped him off this morning and he is already working on the Rattlesnake Complex fire. It is close by Cascade which is not too too far away. I don't really know why but that makes me feel better. Anyway, I haven't found a good website for it yet but I guess this fire is over 24,000 acres. I'll post a link when I find a good one.
Our little apartment gets to be such a mess and that gets to driving me really crazy. I always have a hard time when it's back to school. I like everything to be all cleaned up before I feel like I can really concentrate on school stuff. Whatever, it might just be an excuse...
Some new neighbors moved in next door. I haven't seen them yet but I've heard them. Otis has too and I'm sure I don't have to explain when I say they have heard him as well. He runs up and down the hall like a maniac. You know how some parents can just completely ignore their children even after the childs reapeted attemps at getting some attention (Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad), I have gotten to that point with the barking. I don't even hear it and it's nice.
I love the fall. This week we had much cooler weather. We opened the windows and by the time we closed them our whole apartment smelled like the fall air. Do you know what I mean? It smells... cold. It is supposed to be hot again this weekend but the break was really nice.
Work is good, school so far is going well, hopefully this will be Russell's last fire and then we start househunting. Everything is good.
Friday, September 01, 2006
Posted by Caitlin at 9:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
You say it feels like fall there? You can expect us next week then. Every fall I'm in a bad mood because it's so hot and that's somehow against nature and then I really miss New England. And going back to school definitely triggers it...
No it's not strange that you have to have a clean environment in order to think. That is totally me too. Glad school is going well and am jealous of your fall weather. It's my favorite season!
Oh---so true---at this very moment Jake is crying but I had blocked it out until I read your posting. Hey, just one more thing on my list of the similarites between children and dogs. I think I have enough to make a whole book now.
I'm with Kelly - we'll see you this weekend! It's over 100 degrees in Vegas but I STILL put up fall wreaths this weekend and added orange candles to my "to do" list. I miss the fall. And apple crisp. And days when you needed a sweater in the morning but were DYING of the heat at 3 p.m.
Russ looks a little like a grandpa in this picture . . . Tell him I love him and he should be grateful I'm not posting that picture of Dad, Zach, Russ and Patrick!
That picture of Russell reminded me of dad and poppa! Just the way his hat is sitting on the top of his head! :)
Post a Comment