Russell just kept saying - there's a cookie in bed. I didn't think it was that funny but he was cracking up. There are a few blogs that I will check once in a while (okay, I check them everyday) and a couple different people have dedicated posts to 6 weird things about themselves. I am going to call my habit of eating in bed number one...
1. Yes, I eat in bed and nothing is off limits. Saltines, Ritz crackers, the crumbiest thing you can think of - I'm there.
2. I have weird nighttime rituals. I rub my feet together and rock back and forth to get to sleep. Ask Bride about this one. When we got our bunk bed, I couldn't wait for Dad to put it together and I can't believe it but he let me do it. Yeah it was a bit wobbly. I would shake the whole bed and Bride used to have to ask me to stop. I don't know I'm doing it - weird, huh?
3. I can't do homework unless our apartment is clean. I don't know if it's me avoiding my homework or my OCD coming through. On a similar note, I can never sleep Sunday nights. I get into a crazy cleaning mood like I just want everything to be ready for the week ahead. I don't know.
4. Usually people get better at watching scary movies as they grow up. Not me. I've gotten worse. I will close my eyes and force myself to sleep. Last scary movie - The Omen (the remake) - it started getting weird and I just closed my eyes. Can't do it. Just can't do it.
5. I hate fleece blankets. I hate the way they feel on my skin. Come on, I have really dry skin.
6. I cannot buy a gym membership because I feel too guilty. Yes, I could pay to run on a treadmill and have a convenient little timer right there but I wouldn't be able to take Otis with me and that makes me feel like a big fat jerk. Otis needs exercise, too! (For the record I was NOT always a weirdo dog person like this.)
For good measure I'll add a few more of Russell's ideas - I have to cut my sandwich in half and I have to have chips and I like bologna but I don't like ham (neither of these are weird as far as I'm concerned).
Now that I've spilled my guts I think you should do the same. What's weird about you?
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Posted by Caitlin at 10:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Caitlin- when I go to bed I lay on my side and rock back & forth too! I don't know I'm doing it half the time too. Call me crazy!
I thought I was the only one!
One, there are too many weird things about me to list. WAY too many. You know what Gramps says about that . . . "everyone is weird except for you and me, Patti, and I'm not too sure about you". I work with people who like to quote that one!
Two, both Dad and Bridie can't eat a sandwich without chips . . .
And three, my nana would be happy you always cut your sandwich. A lady would never eat a sandwich that hasn't been cut in half. That's what she'd say.
You think too much!!! But you did cause some contemplation on my part and I've decided there is really nothing weird about me . . . except maybe for that counting thing. I feel the need (compulsion) to count EVERYTHING: the number of cars going thru a turn signal, number of people in a picture, number of people in a car, can I say the number of anything. Not too weird, huh?
Did your mom say a lady would never eat a sandwich that hasn't been cut in half...in your words "oh my head"
I pick things up off the ground with my feet.
Does that make me lazy because I don't want to bend?
oh chips
Something weird about me is that I am so awesome. Also, I suffer from delusions of grandeur and I have to wash my hands. A lot. I'm not like "Howard Hughes bad," but it's far from normal.
Also, Robin... that's crazy. The counting thing.
Post a Comment