Sunday, March 18, 2007


I don't think Otis remembers Las Vegas. This weekend got up to 75 and he's panting like it's the middle of the summer. I don't think he remembers. I think most of you guys already know, but Otis isn't sick, he just has allergies. The allergy specialist (yes, I just said allergy specialist) gave us a couple options but both are pretty expensive so I think we're going to try a holistic approach and maybe get a puppy and see if that helps first. At least he's not sick. Look on the bright side, right?

So, Russell and I are going to have an insane week this week. We have a class to go to Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 6:30 to 9:30. The crappy thing is that Russell probably won't get all his work done before the class so he'll have to stop, go to class, and then go back to work. That won't be very much fun. It'll be worth it though because hopefully by Friday we'll be homeowners! I am getting so excited. I'm sure we'll have a lot more to tell you guys about once we start getting moved in. Have I mentioned that I can't wait?

I applied for a transfer position at work. Eight other people also applied from within and I have only been there for about 6 months but the interview went well. My job is so boring. I don't have enough work to keep me busy and the day drags on and on and on. It's really terrible. So, I was reading my book for school and my boss' boss came up to me and wanted to make sure I was on a break. Meanwhile, the girl in the cubicle across from me is watching back to back episodes of CSI. Whatever! It made me mad. Anyway, this new job is in driver's services - it's the medical desk and they revoke driver's licenses from people for medical reasons. It sounds interesting and I think it's a lot busier. We'll see.

So, hopefully by the end of the week, I'll have lots of house pictures for you...

4 comments:

Dylan Todd said...

So you're applying for a position where you get to tell little old ladies that they can't drive anymore?

Sweet.

Patti said...

I liked how you slipped in buying a puppy . . .

Yay to moving to your first house! So fun.

ARE you the one who tells little old ladies they can't drive???

kelly said...

A puppy as an antihistamine. Interesting. I can't wait to see more pictures of your house! I wish I lived closer and I could come help you paint (assuming you need to).

Heather said...

Doesn't a new house always need a fresh coat of paint? I think so.

That is the cutest picture of Otis. Exciting news about the house. It is so gosh dern cute.

I hear you about working with nothing to do. It is agonizing. The minutes go by like hours. I've been there...so good luck on snagging the other position.