Monday, March 12, 2007


Otis is fine. Pretty much back to normal. The vet gave him some antibiotics and some steroids to make him stop itching. Well, the steroids make him crazy (like I said, back to normal). We went to the movies this weekend and while we were gone, Otis ate the belt loops on Russell's jeans to get to the belt that was still around the waist. This is what was left of the belt and I think you can see a big chunk out of the jeans. Russell said it looked like a shark bite.

Anyway, we went and saw 300. It was pretty good. If you are thinking about seeing it, I'll warn you now, read why it's rated R, okay? I was thinking a lot about how these ancient civilizations were so aware of the fact that they could be completely wiped out. I guess that is why they were so serious about writing down/telling their stories. These crazy soldiers weren't afraid to die, they were just afraid that no one would ever know they lived. I just think it's so interesting.

The weather was so nice this weekend. It was crazy! I never thought I would be so excited about it getting into the 60's. Today it was 71! Plus, with Daylight Savings, it is light outside for like 2 hours after work. I love it. Springtime is the best. It smells so good outside, like the garden center at Lowe's or something. The people are so friendly and everyone is cleaning up the leaves and their gardens. I think I'm going to have my own garden soon enough. Russell already has big plans for planting everything we need to make salsa. Do you think we'll have everything to make it by the summer?

5 comments:

Amber said...

I can't believe Otis! What a crazy dog! Oh and btw, thanks so much for the birthday card! I couldn't stop laughing!

Patti said...

OH MY GOSH . . . Caity . . . was he sick???

Candace said...

I've heard not to start planting outside until after mother's day because it could still freeze.

What goes on inside that dog's head?

Dylan Todd said...

that picture is hilarious.

Robin said...

I'm almost afraid to mention . . . but what goes in, must come out. What is that dog thinking??? Russell probably needed a new belt anyway.