Ah, this weekend. Where do I begin? First, the good news. Russell bought me a Macintosh apple tree. It's a twig now but someday I'll have some delicious Macintosh apples and I can't wait - it's my favorite kind of apple.
So, Friday night is our night to irrigate. I went to bed and Russell turned it off after our two hours was up. Something got stuck in the bottom of the pipe so it looked closed from the top but it was open on the bottom. I woke up in the morning in the mood for some poached eggs but I couldn't remember if you are supposed to boil the water or when to turn it off so I went to get on the computer. The computer in the basement. The basement that was flooded. It's still not dry. And it stinks down there now. Oh, and get this. Sunday, it rained all day long. I swear it hasn't rained like that since we moved here.
Everything turned out okay because I made a loaf of cinnamon swirl bread for a little treat on Sunday night. I know it's weird but I had to take a picture. It was so good. Is that a perfect swirl or what? And some of the sugar ended up on the bottom of the pan so it was all sticky and good. I love my bread maker.

8 comments:
Okay, the bread looks FANTASTIC. So good.
Only a Macintosh for the very best apple pie, that's all I'm saying. I'm excited about that.
Sorry about the water . . .
You have enviable coping skills if a loaf of cinnamon bread can get you through a flooded basement. I choose the stay-up-all-night-worrying-about-it approach. It's less satisfying that bread.
That bread looks good. And sorry about the basement. That stinks!
Bread = yum
Soggy basement = yuck
i find it humorous that a romantic and sweet thing to do for your wife is buy her an apple tree which wont have apples for months. you guys are the best.
what a cute comment from Bride. so true...you guys are the best.
ok, i'm totally bummed about your basement. that just sucks.
How's the movie projector?? Wasn't it in the basement?
That looks so good!
Post a Comment