Check out our super sweet tomatoes. We've eaten two so far and I have to be honest with you, I didn't think we were going to get any more. All of a sudden, we go outside and see like 15 new ones all at one time! I can't wait to eat them. The leaves smell so good.
How about our peppers!? What the heck are we going to do with all of these? Russell and I taste tested one even though they're not quite ripe yet. Holy crap these things are hot!
Last week I bought a few canvas bags from JoAnn's for the grocery store. The large one is only $3.99 and it's awesome because with the longer handles you can make it from the car to the house with all the groceries in just one trip. PLUS at my grocery store I get six cents for every reusable bag that I bring. They'll pay for themselves in no time...

7 comments:
I am so jealous. That basil . . . nothing is like it. I've been keeping it in a glass jar in water in the fridge this summer. Makes the entire fridge smell yummy.
Did I mention I have a food dryer in my new oven?
Wish I had home grown tomatoes . . .
We miss you guys.
Thanks for the Joann's bag tip. I've been wanting to get canvas grocery bags for awhile.
I love your garden! I can't believe how huge your basil is!! I bet it's fun to live somewhere that you can actually grow stuff.
I'm jealous. Our own little garden hasn't been doing so well the last two seasons. However, we have a peach tree that is producing some yummy fruit this summer.
I'm jealous too! I love tomatoes.
You guys should be proud of yourselves.
You're lucky your gardening thingy actually works.We tried pumpkins and they dried up in like 2 seconds.
AWESOME!! I love how tomtoes suddenly grow out of nowhere!
That is a lot of basil- do you know how to dry it? It lasts a long time dried. I think you can even do it in your microwave!
Post a Comment