Friday, August 17, 2007

I think I'm old.

My friend Paola called me last week and said, "Are you going to be 24 this February?"

I responded, "yes"

Her reply, "whoa"

That made me laugh but it's not why I think I'm old. I don't get these whiny emo (I like to say emu) bands that wear makeup. It's not that I don't like emo - I do. The genre has some serious potential (for hilarity), I think. Sample: "buy you lemonade right now, if you were here, and I'd throw it in your face and I'd listen to you cry" (I'm having deja vu, have I talked about this song before?) Anyway, why do you have to wear the makeup emo bands? Why? Have you ever thought that maybe that is the reason girls don't like you? Can anyone explain this for me? Yeah, I'm old, aren't I?

4 comments:

Dylan Todd said...

Emo is seriously mystifying. It's like really hard algebra. I look at it for any amount of time and I just throw up my hands in exasperation. I just don't get it. At all. And I own an album of West African psychedelic music.

Candace said...

oh Caitlin....i hear ya. i don't get it either. and whats with the boys wearing womens skinny jeans.....ick!

Patti said...

I hate those skinny jeans on boys, too.

Amy said...

Ditto on the skinny jeans.
I am turning 31 and do not even know what an emo band is!